dimanche 5 février 2012

XRAY X12!

Two month ago, I have recieved my new 1/12 pan car chassis: the XRAY X12!

Why Xray? It's the first question who a man have tell me... For sure, CRC and ASSOCIATED are good chassis, probably the most drived in national and international events.

For me, Xray is a love story since my RC debuts in touring car class and the XRAY X12 was just met in sales on the market. It was the good moment to change my chassis.

After the build of the car, the big points:
- High quality graphite chassis!
- High quality alum.
- easy to build ( very explicit manual! thanks! )
- Good quality of the plastics ( Hard compound, better than the past! )
- the "butée à bille" in the diff. ( very smooth and consistent during racing )
- easy to finalize with good tech tips ( roll center...)
- NEW pack configuration!
- two servo positions possibility

The bad point(s?):
- front bearings a lot smaller for JACO wheels causing a little play in the wheel
- side springs and oil dramper a lot smooth ( the car is not too much good to drive... )

 The build was very easy to do with a beautiful manual in 3D! every pieces were made well!

 Talking about the electronic preparation? in one world: SPACE! With the new lipo pack position ( longitudinal ) the balance of the car is just perfect!Then, we have more space to case any speed controllers of the market! I use a LRP SXX stock spec and he goes comfortably in the car. I use a futaba 1/12 specs too, the manual give us the choice to two servo positions ( left or right ). And for me, the bestest balance to the chassis is when the servo is in right position ( for information, I've just put a 10g Pb in the left side of my car near the servo to have the perfect balancing point! ).

Tips before go to the track:

 A new car demands a lot of preparation before going to the track to use it! For the Xray X12, I made little changements:

- 1 hole shock piston! ( put some glue in the second hole ) To have a harder center shock ( more responsive in the track )
- 3mm shims above side springs

After painting my BA004 ( black art bomb'R ), I just wait the next training in my local track of RCP Trets ( http://www.racing-club-provence.fr/ )

Middle of december:

 Ready for the first time of my brain new XRAY X12! I'm so excited to try this new chassis!

 I start the first pack with standar settings: the car is a lot directively but in fast corners, it have too grip and the car feel so badly. I just return to the pit area and focusing on my car set-up. I decide to try Red CRC side springs ( who are so hard than the gold xray origins ).
 Becoming to the track: The car is much faster and easy to drive in fast sections and slow sections with a good low power by my combo. The car have many directions. But after 6min of driving, the rear of the car was not so securising with anormal feeling in the end of the straight line. Going to the pit area... Want to try harder compound in rear wheel.
 Finaly, that was the good idea, car much easier to drive during 9min and very fast! what else? I'm so happy of my new 1/12 chassis and I recomend it!

 For the upcoming training in the RCP Trets, I go to try a larger rear way to stabilize the rear of the car.

Some pics ( sorry but not to the build, my phone was broken... ) :













Thanks to PETITrc and other!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire